Orinda - A Little California Town

Previous | Home | Next
 

The Pacific Gas and Electric Co. serves Orinda today. Electricity first came to the area in 1922 (Great Western Power Co. of California). Gas service came in 1937 (Coast Counties Gas Co.).

A few residents had telephones as early as 1882 but regular service did not begin until 1937 - 38 (Pacific Telephone and Telegraph Co.). Pacific Bell is the present title of the company.