LINK+ is a great free service you can use to borrow books not available at Contra Costa County Library. It's a cooperative effort among many CA & NV libraries, including academic. You can use your Contra Costa County Library card to place a hold on up to 10 items that you pick up at your Community Library.
How do I use LINK+?
- Visit https://linkencore.iii.com and find a book with available copies.
- Click "Request This Item" choose "Contra Costa Public" from the drop-down, and click "Submit".
- Enter your name and Library card barcode and choose the Community Library where you want to pick it up.
- We let you know when it's ready. Ask for it at the Desk; LINK+ books are not kept with other holds.
- It's faster than traditional Interlibrary Loan, because you place your own request online; there's no paperwork.
- Automated processes manage the requests and route them to your Community Library.
- Unlike Interlibrary Loan, the service is free.