The Brentwood Library is moving to a temporary location while the current space is transformed into a new and modern community library. The last open day in the current building will be Saturday, October 22, 2016.
The Library will then be closed for two weeks and will reopen in its temporary location inside the Brentwood Community Center at 35 Oak Street, 1st floor, Arts & Crafts Room on Monday, November 7 at 9 a.m.
- The book drop will remain open throughout the closure and materials can be returned there 24/7. Staff will be onsite and will return materials throughout the closure.
- Holds will not be available for pickup during the closure. All holds on hand will be taken to the Community Center and will be available for pickup for one week in the new location.
- The book drop will remain at the current location at 104 Oak Street until Friday, November 4th. It will be moved across the street to the Community Center that day, and material can be returned to that location once it’s been moved. The book drop will be located outside of the Community Center, on the right side of the main entrance.
- Our monthly book club and beading program will continue without a break in the new location. The beading time will change from 5:30-7:30 to 6:00-7:45.
- Storytimes will resume the second week in January as follows:
Lapsit storytime: Thursdays at 10:30
Toddler storytime: Thursdays at 11:30
Pajama storytime: Second Tuesdays of the month at 7:00
- Homework Help will continue on Tuesdays from 4:00-6:00 in the new location on November 8.
- The new library is expected to be completed in July 2018.
- Mon: Closed
- Tue: Closed
- Wed: Closed
- Thu: Closed
- Fri: Closed
- Sat: Closed
- Sun: Closed
- Library Closed Days
About the Brentwood Library
Located in the eastern corner of Contra Costa County, the City of Brentwood has grown from its agricultural beginnings to a diverse, multicultural community of commuters. The Library moved to its new location, across from City Park, in June of 2009 and serves a population of more than 50,000. The library collection includes materials in both Spanish and English. It also offers a wide variety of media, including DVDs, CDs and audiobooks, as well as a large print collection. The library offers a number of programs for all ages, including storytimes for babies and toddlers.