San Ramon Library closes on Monday, August 17, 2015 for a remodel and expansion!
San Ramon Library City Council approved $4.45 million dollars for the construction phase of the library’s much anticipated expansion and renovation. The project will create a new state-of-the-art library within the current building.
The renovated San Ramon Library will feature:
- An expanded second floor that adds over 3100 square feet
- A redesigned first floor with increased space for the public
- A larger space for kids and their families, including an early literacy area
- A second entrance facing the new San Ramon City Hall and Central Park that connects the library to the Bollinger Canyon corridor including the future City Center
- Bright, inviting décor and updated furnishings throughout
- A larger space for teens on the second floor
- Areas for quiet reading and study
- Four small study rooms, a meeting room that can accommodate 8-10 people, and two listening rooms in the Jazz area
- A larger meeting room with state-of the art A/V equipment that can open up to the entire second floor space
- Technology upgrades and infrastructure to support the community’s high expectations for information access
San Ramon Library will remain closed through 2016 as the project progresses. It is expected that the library will be closed into early 2017. During the closure, hours at Dougherty Station Library will be increased to mirror the current San Ramon Library schedule including Tuesday and Wednesday mornings and Sunday afternoons.
During San Ramon Library’s closure, limited library services will be available at San Ramon Community Center where library customers will be able to pick up holds, return items during the outlet’s open hours, attend regular storytimes, and access laptops for quick hit computing. The San Ramon Community Center Library Outlet will be open:
- Monday from 4:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- Tuesday and Wednesday from 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Thursday from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday from noon to 5:00 p.m.
Library items can be returned at the San Ramon Community Center Library Outlet during open hours, or at any other Contra Costa County Library.
About 450 of the CDs in the Jazz collection will have a temporary home at the Pittsburg Library. Relocated titles and items should all be visible in the catalog after they make the transition. The full Jazz collection will return to circulation when the renovated library reopens.
The San Ramon Library Foundation is not accepting donations at San Ramon or at Dougherty Station Library. Please consider donating your books to other Friends Groups in the Contra Costa Library System. Go to ccclib.org and click on "Friends Groups" on the menu for more information.
For current information about library hours, services and events visit ccclib.org or call Dougherty Station Library at 925-973-3380.
- Mon: Closed
- Tue: Closed
- Wed: Closed
- Thu: Closed
- Fri: Closed
- Sat: Closed
- Sun: Closed
- Library Closed Dates
About the San Ramon Library
The San Ramon Library is a vital center of community activity. The library is located in the Marketplace shopping center across the street from Central Park and the San Ramon Community Center. The library includes a large children's area with a separate story room, teen area, public access computers and free wireless Internet access. Collections include materials in a variety of formats that support the educational and entertainment needs of the community. Programs for children, teens, and adults are provided with the support of San Ramon Library Foundation. San Ramon is particularly proud of the jazz collection and annual jazz concerts.