- Online popular magazines and research journal subscriptions accessible from the Library.
- Get detailed information on vehicle maintenance and repairs. Includes diagnostics, step-by-step repair procedures, maintenance schedules, wiring diagrams, recalls, and more.
- Free permit practice tests for getting you ready for your DMV test.
- Full-text content of East Bay Times and local papers. Thousands of U.S. and global news sources.
• Cliffs Notes
• Safari Technical Books Online
• TumbleBook Library
• Gale Virtual Reference Library encyclopedias
- Full-text elementary school magazines. Topics covered include animals, arts and music, biographies, geography, language arts, mathematics, science and health, and social studies.
- Full-text magazines for middle school and high school students. Includes Biographies and Historical Essays, Primary Source Documents, newspapers, reference books, and images.
- Read magazines on your mobile devices. Complete with full-color images and articles. No check-out required, just click and read!
- Provides access to foundations and corporate donors. Available only inside the Walnut Creek, Brentwood, and El Cerrito library locations.
Search U.S. census records, books, directories, Revolutionary War pension files, Freedman's Bank Records, and an index of genealogy and local history articles. Guide to HeritageQuest
- Streaming independent films, shorts, and documentaries from around the world. Classic TV shows.
- Resources curated by your librarians.
- Find information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes.
- Choose the best titles for your reading list! Find "read-alikes," reviews of both fiction and nonfiction titles, plot summaries, book discussion guides, recommendations, articles, and more.
- Provides students with a series of essays that present multiple sides of a current issue. Hundreds of topics, each with an overview, point, counterpoint, and Critical Thinking Guide.
- Self-paced language learning for over 80 languages and ESL for 50 non-English languages. Includes all levels of vocabulary and grammar, from basic to advanced study.
Offers live, teacher-led conversation groups.
- Directory information for businesses and consumers. Create marketing plans, conduct competitive analysis, raise funds, and locate people.
- A research resource for students in grades 4 - 8. Provides facts and figures about topics for California: Indians, Ranchos, Explorers, Governors, Missions, Counties, Governors, and History by the Decades.
- Prepare for high school, college, and graduate school. Find scholarships. Get assistance with resumes, cover letters, and interviews. Includes career licensing exams. NOTE: Users will need to create a free personal log-in to access T&E Ref Center resources.
New SAT Practice Test!