- Online popular magazines and research journal subscriptions accessible from the Library.
- Get detailed information on vehicle maintenance and repairs. Includes diagnostics, step-by-step repair procedures, maintenance schedules, wiring diagrams, recalls, and more.
- Free permit practice tests for getting you ready for your DMV test.
- Full-text content of East Bay Times and local papers. Thousands of U.S. and global news sources. "Find a Topic" has pre-defined searches to relevant information.
• Cliffs Notes
• Safari Technical Books Online
• TumbleBook Library
• Gale Virtual Reference Library encyclopedias
- Full-text elementary school magazines. Includes the Encyclopedia of Animals, Funk & Wagnalls New World Encyclopedia, American Heritage Children's Dictionary, and an Image Collection. Topic covered include animals, arts and music, biographies, geography, language arts, mathematics, science and health, and social studies.
- Full-text magazines for middle school and high school students. Includes Biographies and Historical Essays, Primary Source Documents, newspapers, reference books, and an Image Collection of photos, maps, and flags.
- Read magazines on your mobile devices. Complete with full-color images and articles. No check-out required, just click and read!
- Provides access to foundations and corporate donors. Available only inside the Walnut Creek, Brentwood, and El Cerrito library locations.
- Streaming independent films, shorts, and documentaries from around the world. Classic TV shows.
- Research assistance, pathfinders, and useful resources curated by your librarians.
- Find information on thousands of authors and their works across literary disciplines and timeframes.
- Choose the best titles for your reading list! Find "read-alikes," reviews of both fiction and nonfiction titles, plot summaries, book discussion guides, recommendations, articles, and more.
- Provides students with a series of essays that present multiple sides of a current issue. Hundreds of topics, each with an overview, point, counterpoint, and Critical Thinking Guide.
- Self-paced language learning for over 80 languages and ESL for 50 non-English languages. Includes all levels of vocabulary and grammar, from basic to advanced study.
Now offering live, teacher-led conversation groups for language learners of all levels, from beginner to advanced.
- Directory information for businesses and consumers. Create marketing plans, conduct competitive analysis, raise funds, and locate people.
- A research resource for students in grades 4 - 8. Provides facts and figures about topics for California: Indians, Ranchos, Explorers, Governors, Missions, Counties, Governors, and History by the Decades.
- Prepare for high school, college, and graduate school. Find scholarships. Get assistance with resumes, cover letters, and interviews. Includes career licensing exams. NOTE: Users will need to create a free personal log-in to access T&E Ref Center resources.
New SAT Practice Test!