Friends of the Brentwood Library
The Friends' purpose shall be to promote and financially support the resources, services and needs of the Brentwood Library; to serve as advocates for the value of the Library; to draw people in the community together and unite in a common effort to enrich the quality of the Brentwood Library.
In 2021 the Friends of the Brentwood Library merged with the Brentwood Library Foundation.
Donations: Call (925) 513-9414 to make an appointment
We accept the following items by appointment:
- Books for all ages in good condition
- Textbooks, less than 10 years old, in good condition
- Spanish- adult and children
- CDs, DVDs/Blu-rays
- Audio-books on CD
We do not accept:
- Heavy boxes of books. Lighten the load so boxes are easy to lift.
- Books in poor condition — torn pages/covers, water-damaged, broken spines, highlighting.
- Magazines or National Geographic
- Dictionaries - older than 5 years.
- Vinyl records
- VHS or cassette tapes
Are my donations tax deductible?
Yes, they are. We are a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.
How does my donation help the library?
The money we raise from selling donated materials goes towards library programs, books, resources and services for Brentwood library.
Second Story Book Shop
Browse our Book Shop on the second floor right off the elevator during library open hours. Volunteers may be available to assist you with book selections. When no volunteer is present, please drop payment in the black box behind the book shop desk. Exact change is appreciated (prices start at $1).
Friends help with:
- Membership development
- Fund Raising
- Book Sales
- Book Sorting
- Volunteering in the Library
Volunteer applications available at the Second Story Book Shop.