Pleasant Hill Library Meeting Room Use Policy
Individuals or organizations may reserve the meeting room once per month, up to two months in advance. The room is available when the library is open.
The usage fee is $40 per hour, billed in half-hour increments and paid at the time of booking. No refunds. No food preparation is allowed. Please refer to the rules for the Pleasant Hill Library meeting room for more details. Capacity: 70 standing, 45 seated with chairs only, 35 seated at tables.
To reserve the meeting room
- Contact Pleasant Hill Library staff - email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (925) 646-6434 to inquire about room availability.
- Fill out the application form
- Submit the completed application along with payment (cash or check only) to a Pleasant Hill Library staff member.
Rules for the Use of Library Meeting Rooms
- Priority for the use of library meeting rooms will be given to library-sponsored programs and activities or Friends of the Library sponsored meetings, programs or activities.
- Use of library meeting rooms may not conflict with normal library operation or with library sponsored or library related activities, or disturb the normal services of the library.
- No-fee usage shall be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Fee based usage also shall be scheduled on a first-come, first-served basis but with a shorter advance booking period than for no-fee usage. There is a no refund policy on the fee-based use of meeting rooms if applicant cancels use.
- When a city or city-approved use is occurring in a library meeting room located in a city-owned building, the city's policies and rules for the use of the meeting room by the city or its designees shall govern that use.
- If a for-profit organization uses a meeting room for free and commercial products or services are mentioned in the course of the program, alternative products or services, in addition to those of the sponsoring organization, must be fairly presented.
- Additional rules for the use of meeting rooms in each community library are attached to these rules. Such local rules shall be determined on a rational basis of specific local needs and conditions.
- Fees shall be based on prevailing local rates for similar facilities.
- All persons making application for use of the meeting room must be at least 18 years of age.
- The number of persons allowed to occupy a meeting room may not exceed the limit posted.
- No smoking is allowed in library meeting rooms.
- No alcoholic beverages of any kind may be served in library meeting rooms.