Submitted by CCCL_Karas
- September 14, 2021 there will be a California Gubernatorial Recall Election.
- The recall ballot will ask two questions: 1) Do you want to recall Governor Newsom? and 2) If the governor is recalled, who do you want to replace him?
- If 50% or more vote NO, the governor would remain in office.
- If more than 50% vote YES, the governor would be removed from office and the person with the most votes would replace him.
- All active California registered voters will receive a vote-by-mail ballot for the September 14, 2021 recall election. Your county elections office will begin mailing ballots by August 16, 2021.
- If any of your information has recently changed, you will need to update your voter registration. You can do so at https://www.sos.ca.gov/elections
- Return your vote-by-mail ballot by mail with prepaid postage as long as it's postmarked by September 14, 2021, in-person to a secure ballot drop box, in-person to a voting location, or your county elections office by 8:00 p.m. on September 14, 2021.
- In-person voting locations will offer voter registration, replacement ballots, accessible voting machines, and language assistance to those who need it.
- Did you know that many of our library branches have ballot drop boxes? See a full list of official drop box locations at https://www.cocovote.us/official-ballot-drop-boxes/
- For more information on voting on election day, visit https://www.cocovote.us/registration-and-voting-options/vote-on-election-day/
However you do it, VOTE, and encourage your friends and family to vote too.