Printing is available at all Contra Costa County libraries. You may print from any of our Library computers, or from anywhere on your own device.
Use a Library Computer
You can print using the default settings on the computer and pickup your job at a Kiosk in the Library.
Print from anywhere on your own device (SmartAlec)
You can send print jobs for pickup at any Contra Costa County Library using our SmartAlec service. Visit the link and enter your Library Card & Last Name. SmartAlec is also available as a free download on Android and iOS.
You may print from any of our Library computers, or from anywhere on your own device. Use a Library Computer
- You can print using the default settings on the computer and pickup your job at the Print Release station in the Library.
- At the Print Release Station, enter your Library Card & Last Name to retrieve the print job.
- You can use a print card (purchased separately) or insert cash (it accepts $1 and $5 bills as well as nickels, dimes and quarters).
- Contra Costa County Library cardholders can print up to ten (10) black and white pages per day free of charge.
- You can send print jobs for pickup at any Contra Costa County Library using our SmartAlec service. Visit the link and enter your Library Card & Last Name information.
- SmartAlec is also available as a free download on Android and iOS.
- After logging-in, you will be able to upload a document to print. You may visit any of our locations to retrieve your print job.
- Staff cannot selectively print individual pages from within a multi-page document so be sure to upload only the pages you want to print.
Your privacy is something we take very seriously. There are two parts of keeping your print information confidential, the physical access and the digital storage.
For physical access to your print job, only someone who logs in to your account can view information about your printing at the print Kiosk. A digital copy is kept on the print Kiosk in case the printer jams, only until the end of the day.
For Online Printing, SmartAlec jobs are transmitted over TLS network protocols. These jobs are encrypted and stored in a database for seven days to provide time for you to visit and pick them up.
No, you don't need a library card or visitor pass to use an Express computer. However, you will need one to print.
Yes, color printing is available for the cost of $0.50 per page.
When printing at a Library computer, your print job is deleted at the end of the day.
For online printing, documents stored in the print server are deleted after seven days. This cannot be extended, so if you are unable to visit during that window you will need to send your document again.
Scanning is available at all Contra Costa County libraries.
- You will need an email address to collect your scanned files
- Scanning is free and is limited to 6 pages
- Original document is limited to letter or legal size only