Federal Depository Library Program
The Costa County Library was designated as a Federal Depository Library for the 10th Congressional District in 1964. As a selective depository established through the Federal Depository Library Program (FDLP), the Library's mission is to make government publications freely available for the use of the general public and to meet the government information needs of the people who live and work in Contra Costa County. The Library emphasizes the online electronic format to maximize both accessibility to government publications by county libraries and cost effectiveness in library collection development.
Free online access to official publications from all three branches of the Federal Government.
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications: Search for publications from the three branches of government.
- Locate Other Depository Libraries: Federal depository collections are also located in these public libraries: Oakland, San Francisco, San Leandro, and Sonoma County (collection size varies).
Search the catalog for Federal Depository holdings.
California State Depository Library Program
In 1945, the California Legislature passed the Library Distribution Act , which established the depository library program to make California state documents readily available to the citizens of the state. The California State Library is responsible for carrying out the provisions of the Act by developing and maintaining standards for depository libraries, granting depository status to libraries, and administering the depository program.
Across the state, 104 libraries participate in the program and receive publications produced by California state agencies. Contra Costa County Library is a selective depository for state documents distributed by the Office of State Publishing.
Search our catalog for California State Depository documents.
Contra Costa County Government
- Animals: Lost Pet search | Licensing | Pet Adoptions search | Noisy Animal Complaint: (925) 335-8300
- Benefits: Apply for Medi-Cal, Food/Cash Assistance | IHSS
- Buildings: Permit lookup (ePermit) | Code Enforcement | Planning/ Zoning
- Business: Renew Business License | Fictitious Business Name
- Court: Court Case lookup | Open Child Support Case | Pay Traffic Ticket / Citation
- Divorce: Divorce Records | Divorce Workshop | Forms for Divorce
- Health: CoCo Health App - connects people wth resources for healthcare, jobs, food, housing, child care, etc. Android or iOS devices
- Housing: Affordable Rentals / Section 8 | Housing Authority
- Inmates: Custody Services Bureau or call (925) 646-4496 | Inmate Information
- Property: Maps, Property Info lookup | Look up/ Pay Property Tax | % Tax Allocation
- Records: Deeds, Liens, Property Documents | Birth, Death, Marriage records | Court Records
- Sheriff: Records Unit | File Crime Report Online | Coroner (925) 313-2850
Need help with health care, clothing, food or utilities? Call 211 or search online
Not sure which agency can help?
Try Help in Hard Times to get started
Learn more about the County's Homeless Services
Apply for Energy Assistance (LIHEAP) here
ask-a-law-librarian | self-help resources
Bay Area Legal Aid - Legal Advice Line: (800) 551-5554
Contra Costa County Bar Association: Free clinics and workshops throughout Contra Costa County
Contra Costa County Bar Association: Find a Lawyer
Call (925) 825-5700 for more information.