January 19, 2023
The Meeting is happening virtually via Zoom beginning at 7pm.
Instructions on accessing the meeting will be included in the agenda being sent out Janury 13th.
The link to access the meeting is below:
The access code is 232486
To download the packet and agenda, click below:
The Contra Costa County Library Commission was established by the Contra Costa County Board of Supervisors in March 1991. The Commission was created to serve in an advisory capacity to the Board of Supervisors and the County Librarian. The Library Commission is comprised of 24 voting members and 4 non-voting (ex-officio) members:
- Eighteen members representing the cities/towns in Contra Costa County - these Commissioners are appointed by the city/town councils (Richmond does not participate)
- Five members represent Contra Costa County - each member of the Board of Supervisors appoints one Commissioner
- One member representing the Central Labor Council
- Four Ex-Officio members representing the College District, East Bay Leadership Council, Office of Education and the Friends Council
The Commission application, interview, and appointment procedures vary for each city/town or special district. If you would like to express your interest in serving on the Library Commission, please contact the appropriate appointing authority for your community.
Scroll down to view vacant positions.
Library Commission Contact Information
Library Commission Meeting Schedule 2022
- Thursday, March 16 | 7 PM
- Thursday, May 18 | 7 PM
- Thursday, July 20 | 7 PM
- Thursday, Sept. 21 | 7 PM
- Thursday, Nov. 16 | 7 PM
John M. Huh, Ph.D.
Alternate: Vivian Faye
Nicole Gemmer (Commission Vice-Chair)
Alternate: Robert Sanguedolce
Michael Fischer (Commission Chair)
Alternate: John "Barry" Koops
Represents: El Cerrito
Jo Ellen Marcotte
Mary Ann Hoisington
Alternate: Dorothy Walker
Alternate: Jim Dexter
Alternate: Janette Maher
Alternate: Arnold Fitzpatrick
Shrikant Garde, Ph.D.
Alternate: Richard Means
Represents: Pleasant Hill
Represents: San Pablo
Represents: San Ramon
Alternate: Heather Lurvey
Represents: Walnut Creek
Rachel Rosekind, Ph.D.
Represents: District 1 (Gioia)
Alternate: Michael Swernoff
Represents: District 2 (Andersen)
Alternate: Clifton Louie
Represents: District 3 (Burgis)
Alan B. Smith
Represents: District 4 (Carlson)
Peter Wilson, Ph.D.
Represents: District 5 (Glover)
Represents: Contra Costa CCD
Alternate: Stacie Hinton
Represents: Central Labor Council
Represents: Office of Education