Using a Computer
All Contra Costa County Libraries (with the exception of Crockett and Rodeo Libraries) have computers available. You may use a computer for up to one hour a day.
Walk-in sessions are welcome, but due to the limited number of computers at each location you can make a same day reservation in one of the following ways:
- Call your branch library
- Reserve at the self-service Reservation/Print Release kiosk at your library
You may print from any of our Library computers, or from anywhere on your own device. Use a Library Computer
- You can print using the default settings on the computer and pickup your job at the Print Release station in the Library.
- At the Print Release Station, enter your Library Card & Last Name to retrieve the print job.
- You can use a print card (purchased separately) or insert cash (it accepts $1 and $5 bills as well as nickels, dimes and quarters).
- Contra Costa County Library cardholders can print up to ten (10) black and white pages per day free of charge.
- You can send print jobs for pickup at any Contra Costa County Library (with the exception of Crockett and Rodeo libraries) using our SmartAlec service. Visit the link and enter your Library Card & Last Name information.
- SmartAlec is also available as a free download on Android and iOS.
- After logging-in, you will be able to upload a document to print. You may visit any of our locations (with the exception of Crockett and Rodeo libraries) to retrieve your print job.
- Staff cannot selectively print individual pages from within a multi-page document so be sure to upload only the pages you want to print.
While the libraries are operating at a limited occupancy, sessions will be limited to one hour per day.
All public computers are running Windows 10 and have:
- Microsoft Word 2016
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2016
- Microsoft Excel 2016
- Microsoft Publisher 2016
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Antivirus software
- VLC Player
- Screen Magnifier
- Volume Control for Headphones
- Windows Media Player
Most of the Contra Costa County Libraries have computers available on a first-come, first-served basis. You may use a computer for up to one hour a day.
No, you don't need a library card or visitor pass to use an Express computer. However, you will need one to print.
Laptops for use in the Library
Laptops are currently unavailable for use.