The Antioch Library is scheduled to undergo several long overdue improvements to the interior. In order to complete the work, the library will need to close for several weeks beginning on Wednesday, April 21.
The improvements include new paint throughout the entire library, new carpet, and new shelving.
Staff cannot be present while the painting and carpet replacement take place and therefore the library will not be open for Front Door Service. The Library will reopen to the public for Grab & Go service on June 1.
Things to know:
• The library will close on Wednesday, April 21.
• The book drop will be locked during the closure. Library materials can be returned to any other community library.
• The Library is fine free. Items returned to the Antioch Library on June 1 or later will not be charged daily overdue fines.
• Beginning on Wednesday, April 14, you will not be able to select the Antioch Library as a pickup location for new holds. Please select a nearby library for holds pick up or wait until the Antioch Library re-opens to place your holds.
• Front Door Service will remain available through April 20 for materials placed on hold prior to April 14 and for printing and scanning services.
• The Antioch Project Second Chance office will also be closed during this time. Please contact Project Second Chance at (925) 691-3960 for information about the program during the closure.
• Grab & Go service will be available at other nearby libraries including the Prewett, Pittsburg and Oakley libraries beginning on Tuesday, April 27.
Though the refresh of the interior will delay the reopening of the library a little longer, it will be beautiful when the work is complete. Thank you for your patience and understanding about the importance of this work.
For more information, please visit ccclib.org.