Brentwood Library Conference Room Rules
- The Conference Room is open to the public for use as a meeting space for organizations, businesses, or groups on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Groups of six (6) to twelve (12) people may book the Conference Room.
- Room may be booked up to three (3) months in advance.
- Room is limited to four (4) uses per month.
- There is a required one-hour minimum and no maximum time limit.
- Groups may not be booked for multiple sessions under different names.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age.
- The room is available for use during open library hours only.
- Individuals may apply for the use of a room by clicking the “Reserve the Conference Room” button at this page, or by speaking to library staff at the Information Desk or calling 925-516-5290.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to read, understand, and agree to comply with all rules related to use of the Conference Room.
- Groups or individuals that fail to follow guidelines described herein are subject to immediate dismissal from room.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and must agree to be responsible for the condition of the room.
- If the applicant does not arrive on time for their reservation, the room may be made available to another group 10 minutes after the reservation time.
- To Cancel a booking, applicants can click on the “Click here to cancel” link in their email confirmation or call the Brentwood Library at 925-516-5290.
- Applicants who have more than one no-show may be restricted in booking the room in advance.
- Cleaning responsibilities: wipe off tables and chairs, place trash in receptacles provided, and clean items from floors. Reservation hours must include time for all preparation and cleanup.
- The room must be vacated fifteen (15) minutes before the library closes.
- At least six (6) and no more than twelve (12) people may use the room at any one time.
- The door must be closed when the room is in use. The applicant must always be in the room while it is in use and must close the door when they leave the room.
- Use may not conflict with normal library operations, with library-sponsored or related activities, and may not disturb normal library services and the Library's Patron Conduct Policy applies inside rooms.
- Advertising, petitions, solicitations, or sales are prohibited.
- No commercial activities may take place- including (but not limited to):
- No fee-based tutoring (children or adult)
- No meetings by or about commercial business ventures
- No fee-based attorney/client meetings
- Food and covered drinks are allowed in the conference room.
- Use of nails, tacks, scotch tape, staples, etc., is strictly prohibited. Only painters tape may be used to attach items to the walls.
- The room will be inspected after each use and the responsible party will be billed for any extraordinary cleaning costs or repairs incurred.
- Conference table for 12 (166"L x 53"D x 29"H) (conference table cannot be moved)
- TV/DVD Player Available. Please call the Brentwood Library at (925) 516-5290 to reserve this equipment.
- HDMI cable hookup available for laptops (personal or library). Works for presentations, films, and internet access.
- White board. Dry-erase markers are available to sign out at the Information Desk. Leave white boards clean