Brentwood Library Conference Room Rules
Purpose: The Conference Room is open to the public for use as a meeting space for organizations, businesses, or groups on a first-come, first-served basis. Groups of 6 to 12 people may book up to three (3) months in advance and are limited to four (4) uses per month. There is a required one-hour minimum and no maximum time limit. The room may be booked for use during open library hours only (library hours are listed below). Applications can be made by clicking the “Reserve the Conference Room” button at this page, or by speaking to library staff at the Information Desk or by phone. The individual who makes the reservation must assume responsibility for the room and must leave a valid library card or picture ID at the Information Desk. It is the responsibility of the applicant to read, understand, and agree to comply with all rules related to use of the Conference Room.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and must agree to be responsible for the condition of the room. Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- At least six (6) and no more than twelve (12) people may use the room at any one time. Groups of fewer than 6 may be asked to vacate the room.
- Applicants may book the room up to four (4) times per month, up to three (3) months in advance.
- There is a required one-hour minimum and no maximum time limit. The room is available for use during open library hours only.
- If the applicant does not arrive on time for their reservation, the room may be made available to another group 10 minutes after the reservation time.
- Applicants should click on the “Click here to cancel” link in their email confirmation if they no longer need the reservation. They may also call the Brentwood Library at 925-516-5290 to cancel. Applicants who have more than one no-show may be restricted in booking the room in advance.
- The door must be closed when the room is in use. The responsible party must be in the room as long as it is still in use and must close the door when he or she leaves the room.
- Use may not conflict with normal library operations, with library-sponsored or related activities, and may not disturb normal library services and the Library's Patron Conduct Policy applies inside rooms.
- Food and covered drinks are allowed in the conference room.
- Applicant’s cleaning responsibilities are: wipe off tables and chairs, place trash in receptacles provided, clean any spills from floors. Rental hours must include time for all preparation and cleanup.
- The room will be inspected after each use and the responsible party will be billed for any extraordinary cleaning costs or repairs incurred.
- Decorations or craft projects are prohibited, as is the use of staples, screws, nails, cello or masking tape to attach any materials to the walls, windows or furniture.
Groups that fail to follow guidelines described herein are subject to immediate dismissal from room.
Application/Room Use Procedures:
- Individuals may apply for the use of a room by clicking the “Reserve the Conference Room” button at this page, or by speaking to library staff at the Information Desk or by phone.
- The individual who made the reservation will leave a valid library card or picture ID with library staff at the Information Desk at the time of room use.
- The room must be vacated 15 minutes before the library closes. Please plan your meeting time accordingly.
- After use, the responsible party should close the door and go to the Information Desk to check out and retrieve ID/library card. The room will be inspected for damage immediately and the responsible party will be held accountable for any damage to the room or equipment.
- Conference table for 12 (166"L x 53"D x 29"H) (conference table cannot be moved)
- TV/DVD Player Available. Please call the Brentwood Library at (925) 516-5290 to reserve this equipment.
- HDMI cable hookup available for laptops (personal or library). Works for presentations, films, and internet access