Brentwood Group Study Room Use Rules
There are two Group Study Rooms (Group Study Room A and Group Study Room B).
The two Study Rooms are primarily for use by small groups and individuals on a first-come, first-served basis. Groups of up to 6 or individuals may book the Study Rooms in person on the day of the requested time; no advanced reservations will be taken. Rooms are booked in two-hour intervals, and individuals are only allowed in the rooms two hours per day. Patrons can sign up for an available time slot at the information desk. Only the individual who signs up for the room can check in to claim the room and must also assume responsibility for the room. The library will only allow access to the study room when the patron leaves either a valid library card or picture ID at the Information Desk. It is the responsibility of the applicant to read, understand, and agree to comply with all rules related to use of the Study Rooms.
- Applicants must be at least 14 years of age and must agree to be responsible for the condition of the room.
- Children under 14 must be accompanied by an adult.
- No more than six (6) people may use the room at any one time. If the library finds more than six people in a study room, it will invalidate the reservation and the group will be asked to vacate the study room immediately.
- The door must be closed when the room is in use. The responsible party must always be in the room as long as it is still in use and must close the door when he or she leaves the room.
- Use may not conflict with normal library operations, with library-sponsored or related activities, and may not disturb normal library services and the Library's Patron Conduct Policy applies inside rooms.
- The room will be inspected after each use and the responsible party will be billed for any extraordinary cleaning costs or repairs incurred.
- Advertising, petitions, solicitations, or sales are prohibited.
- Decorations or craft projects are prohibited, as is the use of staples, screws, nails, Cellotape, or masking tape to attach any materials to the walls, windows, or furniture.
- If the applicant does not arrive on time for their reservation, the room may be made available to another group 10 minutes after the reservation time.
Application/Room Use Procedures:
- Patrons may apply for the use of a room by signing up IN PERSON on the day of use at the Brentwood Library's Information Desk. No advanced reservations will be taken over the phone or online.
- Users will leave a valid library card or picture ID with the Information Desk staff at the time of room use.
- After use, the responsible party should close the door and go to the Information Desk to check out and retrieve ID/library card. The room will be inspected for damage immediately and the responsible party will be held accountable for any damage to the room or equipment