Brentwood Group Study Room Use Rules
- Two Study Rooms (A and B) are for use by small groups and individuals on a first-come, first serve basis.
- Groups of up to six (6) or individuals may book the Study Rooms.
- Rooms may be booked up to one (1) week in advance.
- Rooms may be booked for total of two (2) hours per day.
- If room is not reserved, then an extension of up to one hour is allowed but:
- Individuals and Groups are limited to a total of four (4) hours a week.
- Groups may not be booked for multiple sessions under different names.
- Applicants must be at least 13 years of age.
- Individuals may apply for the use of a room by clicking the “Reserve a Study Room” button at this page, or by speaking to library staff at the Information Desk or calling 925-516-5290.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to read, understand, and agree to comply with all rules related to use of the Study Rooms.
- Groups or individuals that fail to follow guidelines described herein are subject to immediate dismissal from room.
- Applicants must be at least 13 years of age and must agree to be responsible for the condition of the room.
- If the applicant does not arrive on time for their reservation, the room may be made available to another group 10 minutes after the reservation time.
- To Cancel a booking, applicants can click on the “Click here to cancel” link in their email confirmation or call the Brentwood Library at 925-516-5290.
- Applicants who have more than one no-show may be restricted in booking the room in advance.
- Cleaning responsibilities: wipe off tables and chairs, place trash in receptacles provided, and clean items from floors. Reservation hours must include time for all preparation and cleanup.
- No more than six (6) people may use the room at any one time.
- The door must be closed when the room is in use. The applicant must always be in the room while it is in use and must close the door when they leave the room.
- Use may not conflict with normal library operations, with library-sponsored or related activities, and may not disturb normal library services. The Library's Patron Conduct Policy applies inside rooms.
- Advertising, petitions, solicitations, or sales are prohibited.
- No commercial activities may take place- including (but not limited to):
- No fee-based tutoring (children or adult)
- No meetings by or about commercial business ventures
- No fee-based attorney/client meetings
- Food is not allowed. Covered drinks are permitted.
- Use of nails, tacks, scotch tape, staples, etc., is strictly prohibited. Only painter’s tape may be used to attach items to the walls.
- The room will be inspected after each use and the responsible party will be billed for any extraordinary cleaning costs or repairs incurred.
- White board
- Dry-erase markers are available to sign out at the Information Desk. Leave white boards clean.