Concord Library Room Use Policy
The Concord Library meeting room falls under the Building Use Meeting Room Use Policy: Contra Costa County Library Policy and Procedure Manual 2-03.1.
The Library's Patron Conduct Policy also applies to all rooms and library property.
- The Meeting Room is open to the public for use as a meeting space for organizations, businesses, or groups on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Room may be booked up to two (2) months in advance.
- Room is limited to one (1) use per month.
- The room is free for nonprofits and local organizations with approval from the Concord Library manager. Other uses will be charged $40 per hour.
- There is a required one-hour minimum and no maximum time limit.
- Applicants must be at least 16 years of age and must agree to be responsible for the condition of the room.
- The room is available for use during open library hours only.
- Reservation hours must include time for all preparation and cleanup.
- Individuals may apply for the use of a room by speaking to library staff at the Information Desk or calling 925-646-5455.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to read, understand, and agree to comply with all rules related to use of the Conference Room.
- Groups or individuals that fail to follow guidelines described herein are subject to immediate dismissal from room.
- Priority for the use of library meeting rooms will be given to library-sponsored programs and activities or Friends of the Library sponsored meetings, programs, or activities. Library programs are scheduled at the discretion of library staff.
- Use of library meeting rooms may not conflict with normal library operation or with library sponsored or library related activities and cannot disturb the normal services of the library.
- The door must be closed when the room is in use. The applicant must always be in the room while it is in use and must close the door when they leave the room.
- Advertising, petitions, solicitations, or sales are prohibited.
- Food and covered drinks are allowed in the conference room.
- Use of nails, tacks, scotch tape, staples, etc., is strictly prohibited. Only painter's tape may be used to attach items to the walls.
- The person(s) renting the room is responsible for setup and cleanup. Library staff are not available to assist.
- Cleaning responsibilities: wipe off and put away tables and chairs, place trash in receptacles provided, erase whiteboard, and leave floors clean.
- The room must be vacated fifteen (15) minutes before the library closes.
- The room will be inspected after each use and the responsible party will be billed for any extraordinary cleaning costs or repairs incurred.
- To cancel a booking, applicants should call the Concord Library at 925-646-5455.
- 100 with no tables and chairs
- 50 with only chairs
- 32 with tables and chairs
- Fifty (50) chairs
- Eight (8) 6 ft tables.
- White board
- Portable screen