Rules for Internet Use
The Contra Costa County Library provides public access to the internet. Access is limited by the number of workstations available at any given time. Therefore, the Library must impose some time and usage limits on each individual in order to be fair to all.
- Library staff or docents will help users get started, but they may not be able to provide individual instruction.
- Preference will be given to children, or adults assisting children, in the use of workstations located in the children’s area.
- Printing is 15 cents per page for black and white and 50 cents per page for color.
- All searches and printing must be completed 10 minutes before library closing time.
- The Library's workstations are in public areas. Since others may be involuntarily exposed to what is viewed, the Library asks that each user exercise good judgment and consideration of others. If library staff become aware of subject matter that would interfere with the maintenance of a reasonable and comfortable environment for the public, the internet user will be asked to end a search or change a screen.
- The Library wishes to make the internet and all computer resources available to anyone who respects the rights and property of others, and who abides by these procedures. Failure to consider the rights of others may lead to the loss of computer privileges for a finite period.
- Documents may be saved to the computer only during a user’s current session – once the user is logged out or the computer reboots, all user documents are deleted and cannot be recovered.