Walnut Creek Library Group Study Rooms Use Rules
Walnut Creek Library offers four Group Study Rooms (Redwood, Black Oak, Blue Oak, and Live Oak) for use by small groups (up to six people) and individuals on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Reservations are made in person only, at the 2nd floor desk of the Walnut Creek Library. Online or phone reservations are not accepted.
- All reservations are same day only; no advanced reservations will be taken.
- Reservations are booked for up to two hours. An extension of one hour can be requested within fifteen minutes of the end of the existing reservation.
- Applicants will provide a library card or ID while room is in use.
- Groups may not book multiple sessions under different names.
- Applicants must be at least 13 years of age and must agree to be responsible for the condition of the room.
- Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to read, understand, and agree to comply with all rules related to use of the Study Rooms.
- Groups or individuals that fail to follow guidelines described herein are subject to immediate dismissal from the room.
- If the applicant does not arrive within ten minutes of their reservation time, the room can be made available to another group.
- The room will be inspected after each use and the responsible party will be billed for any extraordinary cleaning costs or repairs incurred.
- No more than six (6) people may use the room at any one time.
- The individual whose name is on the reservation must be present to claim the room and must also assume responsibility for the room
- The responsible party will notify library staff if they need to leave the room for restroom usage or other needs.
- The door must remain closed when the room is in use and upon exiting.
- Use may not conflict with normal library operations, with library-sponsored or related activities, and may not disturb normal library services.
- Advertising, petitions, solicitations, or sales are prohibited.
- Decorations or craft projects are prohibited, as is the use of staples, screws, nails, cellophane tape, or masking tape to attach any materials to the walls, windows, or furniture. Push pins may be used on the gray tack-able surfaces.