Las Trampas Conference Room Use Policy
Purpose: The Las Trampas Conference Room is open to the public for use as a meeting space for organizations, businesses, or groups on a first-come, first-served basis. Groups of 6 to 16 people may book up to three (3) months in advance and are limited to four (4) uses per month. There is a required one-hour minimum and no maximum time limit. The room may be booked for use during open library hours only (library hours are listed below). Applications can be made by clicking the “Reserve the Las Trampas Room” button at this page, or by speaking to library staff at the 2nd Floor Information Desk or by phone. The individual who makes the reservation must assume responsibility for the room and must leave a valid library card or picture ID at the 2nd Floor Information Desk. It is the responsibility of the applicant to read, understand, and agree to comply with all rules related to use of the Las Trampas Conference Room.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and must agree to be responsible for the condition of the room. Children under 13 must be accompanied by an adult.
- At least six (6) and no more than sixteen (16) people may use the room at any one time.
- Applicants may book the room up to four (4) times per month, up to three (3) months in advance.
- There is a required one-hour minimum and no maximum time limit. The room is available for use during open library hours only.
- Users are not allowed to charge their attendees fees of any type.
- If the applicant does not arrive on time for their reservation, the room may be made available to another group 10 minutes after the reservation time.
- Applicants should cancel their reservations online if they no longer need them. They may also call the Walnut Creek Library at 925-977-3340 to cancel. Applicants who have more than one no-show may be restricted in booking the room in advance.
- The door must be closed when the room is in use. The responsible party must be in the room as long as it is still in use and must close the door when he or she leaves the room.
- Use may not conflict with normal library operations, with library-sponsored or related activities, and may not disturb normal library services and the Library's Patron Conduct Policy applies inside rooms.
- Food and covered (non-alcoholic) beverages are allowed in Las Trampas, but cannot be taken out into the library.
- Applicant’s cleaning responsibilities are: wipe off tables and chairs, place trash in receptacles provided, clean any spills from floors. Rental hours must include time for all preparation and cleanup.
- The room will be inspected after each use and the responsible party will be billed for any extraordinary cleaning costs or repairs incurred.
- Decorations or craft projects are prohibited, as is the use of staples, screws, nails, cello or masking tape to attach any materials to the walls, windows or furniture.
Groups that fail to follow guidelines described herein are subject to immediate dismissal from room.
Application/Room Use Procedures:
- Individuals may apply for the use of a room by clicking the “Reserve the Las Trampas Room” button at this page, or by speaking to library staff at the 2nd Floor Information Desk or by phone.
- The individual who made the reservation will leave a valid library card or picture ID with library staff at the 2nd Floor Information Desk at the time of room use.
- The room must be vacated 15 minutes before the library closes. Please plan your meeting time accordingly.
- After use, the responsible party should close the door and go to the 2nd Floor Information Desk to check out and retrieve ID/library card. The room will be inspected for damage immediately and the responsible party will be held accountable for any damage to the room or equipment.
Equipment: Equipment Policy and Instructions
- Conference table for 16 (192: x 60”) (conference table cannot be moved)
- LCD flat panel with laptop input
- Tabletop lectern
- Standing/portable white board