Please note: New instructions for remote access to the Foundation Directory Online.
- You will need to create an account for the FDO Essential Day Pass.
- Register for 24-hour access by entering your email address
- Check your email
- Follow the provided confirmation link
- New users will be redirected to fill out a form to create an FDO account.
- After submitting the form, you will have 24 continuous hours to search in FDO Essential. After those hours are up, you will be able to activate a new pass after 30 days.
For help, see Candid's step-by-step guide.
Foundation Directory Online provides access to foundations and corporate donors.
This resource is available at the Walnut Creek, El Cerrito, and Brentwood libraries.
- Foundation Grants to Individuals Online, includes profiles of 10,000 grantmakers with details on funders that provide scholarships, fellowships, grants, and a wide range of financial support to individuals. Foundation Grants to Individuals is only available at the Walnut Creek Library. Thanks to the support from the Walnut Creek Library Foundation, the Walnut Creek Library is a Funding Information Network Partner.