Full-text for popular middle school magazines. Includes biographies and historical essays. Contains primary source documents, photos, maps, and flags. Designed to meet the unique needs of its users, Explora supports both student research and classroom instruction.
Magazines & Newspaper Articles
Contains the full-text of high-quality articles, covering a wide-range of subjects for research papers, class projects, and homework. Includes biographies, primary sources, newspapers, reference books, and images.
Your favorite magazines like Consumer Reports, People, Popular Science, Sunset, Wired, The New Yorker and more are available on your computer or mobile device! Complete issues with full-color images and articles. No check-out required, just click and read!
Titles available on Flipster: Advocate, American Craft, Ask, The Atlantic, Bicycling, Black Enterprise, Bon Appetit, Bust, Clean Eating, Consumer Reports, Consumer Reports Buying Guide, Consumer Reports on Health, Cooking Light, DIVERSEability, Dwell, Entrepreneur, Essence, Food Network Magazine, Forbes, Good Housekeeping, Health, HGTV Magazine, How it Works, InStyle, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, Men's Health, Money, Muse, The New York Review of Books, The New Yorker, Newsweek Global, O,The Oprah Magazine, People, People en Español, Popular Science, Real Simple, School Library Journal, Sex Etc., Southern Living, Sunset, Us Weekly, The Week, and Wired.
Your Contra Costa County Library card gives you 24 hour complimentary access to the digital edition of The New York Times.
- Go to the New York Times account page.
- Enter your library card and last name if outside the library.
- Create Your New York Times Account or Log In if you already have an account with this provider.
- Off-site access is available through 24-hour passes. To continue using this resource, log in again. (You will only be asked to create a user account the first time you access this content.)
- Enjoy from any location, on any web enabled device, by just logging into NYTimes.com with that same email and password.
- In-library use provides full-text online articles from 1981 – present. Due to publishing restrictions, articles from 1923 – 80 are not available for on-site access; however, patrons can access 5 articles per day from this date range via remote access.
- The Crosswords app is not included; however, crosswords from the past week, as well as a handful from the archive, are available in the Crosswords section. The Cooking app is not included, but patrons can access recipes via the Food section.
Search current and archived coverage from local, U.S., and global news sources.
NewsBank gives you the East Bay Times Image edition, the full-page, full-color newspaper online. It includes photos, advertisements, & articles, and can be browsed or searched. The East Bay Times daily image edition is available in NewsBank from 12/18/18 - present.
Contra Costa Times is available from 6/1/95 - 4/4/16. Obituary articles are included, but obituary notices are not.
Lists periodicals (journals, magazines, newspapers, etc.) available through many of the Library’s online databases, and links you to the databases that hold their articles. Search for a specific publication or browse by topic area.